Welcome to SeniorLiving.Org. Our site was built to help educate seniors and caregivers about senior living, senior care and senior lifestyles. We also focus on helping seniors find care.
Just follow our 4 step approach to find the best senior care.
1. If you don’t understand the different levels of senior care available or the different lifestyle options available, check out our graphic representation of all the senior living options or read this article about senior lifestyles. This guide will help you understand retirement options like moving abroad for less expensive care, buying into a CCRC for high-end care, traveling the country staying in senior apartments and finding a different levels of local care. Senior Living is a broad term that include all the following options:
- Independent Living
- Continuum Care Retirement Communities
- Congregational Care
- Active Senior Apartments
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Skilled Nursing Centers
- Alzheimer's And Memory Care
- In Home Care
- Respite Care
- Hospice Care
- Veterans Housing
- Cooperative Housing
- Adult Day Care
- Religious based senior care
- Senior care for Veterans
- HUD low income senior housing
- Masonic senior housing and senior care
There are also some other financial factors that can have a major impact on selecting the best care. Here are some other articles to help you think about your options.
- Family based senior care
- Supplemental Insurance
- Leveraging your home to pay for care
For the lowest cost options, contact the Ombudsmen in your community. They are a government subsidized free senior care consultant and they are the best option if you are trying to find senior housing that you can pay for with only Medicare.
3. Once you have checked out your special options and finances, it is time to look for local options. You can enter your desired location into the search bar at the top of any page or browse by selecting a state and then city below. Then click on the tabs at the top to narrow your selection to a specific type of care in that area. Then you will see a list of your local options for the type of care you have selected. If a service qualifies for a special group, they will have an icon next to their listing. Click on the link to any service to get more information including types of care, surrounding options, costs, contact information, photos and more.
4. Visit our Senior Living Library to read timely and informative articles for not only seniors, but also family members and caregivers. If you need more assistance, fill out a form to have a senior living consultant contact you or call (866) 363-2089. You can also create an account to get extended access to the site.
The phrase "Senior Living" is a general term that includes all forms of senior housing, elder care and 55+ health care. This site includes information on all levels of care.
At SeniorLiving, we strive to be the most complete and unbiased source of lifestyle information for senior citizens and caregiver of seniors. We have tried to list EVERY elder lifestyle option (no kidding). We are constantly updating our data and finding new ways to allow you to find the help you need. If you can find another senior care site that is even close to our depth and accuracy, let us know.
In addition to being the most complete senior living directory, we are also focusing on retirement planning, money and finance for seniors because we know that the wave of 76 million baby boomers is probably under prepared for the difficulties of retirement.
Finding Senior Care from Retirement Communities and Assisted Living to Nursing Homes and At-Home Care
With thousands of photos, reviews, and complete contact information for 70,000 elder care services, you can't find a more complete senior care resource. Select a state to get started.
If you have any suggestion or comment please use the contact us page or the comments section to give us your feedback. We really do make updates to the site based on feedback.